Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day Off

Today is my day off.  First in a while except for Sunday when the mail does not get delivered.  I did receive a text from my supervisor stating he needed me.  I texted back, "REALLY".  Needless to say I have my day to create wonderful treats for my husband and I as well as my supervisor since I promised bread and food.  Good to know in the future all things good may happen with the promise of food.

So today the trust pressure cooker is getting a work out.  We have made, rice, roasted potatoes and soon split pea soup.  I have two chicken carcasses that I need to use up so that will be the meat instead of the regular ham and since they were on the smoker the soup will have a bit of a smokey hit to it.  YUM.  AND BREAD!  Love bread.


Pressure cooked rice with shiitake mushrooms.  I toss a few into the pot because they are dehydrated and they add a nice extra bit of flavor.  I change things up frequently to what I add to my rice because every day is different and so is my flavor palate.

Duke, my Sous Chef.

Lovely roasted potatoes with Marsala cooking wine.  Why?  Because I can.  That is why.  And it adds another depth of flavor. 
Split Pea Soup.

My faithful companion!


So, in a few hours I have side dishes and soup for the next few days.
Now I just need to wait for the bread to be done and now off to do the laundry.  JOY :(










No comments:

Post a Comment